Loving Your Success Blog

Lov-ing, the active, dynamic form of love, is your most powerful tool for true success. Apply self loving with tools from psychology and practical spirituality to gain Personal Peace, Joy and Fulfillment. Then you can more easily achieve goals, from reducing stress to creating a healthier lifestyle, a happier work and family life, and student and career success. "Helping you love yourself into success!" Visit me at http://www.powerofpersonalpeace.com.

Friday, February 24, 2006

You Teach What You Most Need to Learn

Hello!

Is it true that you teach what you most need to learn? If so, I'm sure I need to learn more about personal peace and stress reduction! Everything about starting a new business is calculated to increase stress. In my case, it is a steady stream of technological challenges, an incredible flow of creativity (positive stress!) and wishing there were three of me to execute all my ideas right now. The latter highlights my impatience, and my husband frequently reminds me of this failing.

On the bright side, I'm getting first hand reminders of the stress that most of you go through every day. What I'm finding is that the more I am gentle and loving with myself, the faster I get through the stressed out, frustrating and upsetting moments. The other night, my husband and I narrowly avoided a major argument. What turned it around for me was when I declared, "I reserve the right to get upset!" Somehow, that shifted my perspective to one of a little humor and the weight lifted.

Whether you use humor or the process of being the neutral loving observer of yourself, if you can get a little distance (and preferably a little altitude, a higher outlook) from the stressful problem, you are in a better position to resolve it. As I discuss in my ebook, The Power of Personal Peace: Reducing Stress by Loving Yourself from the Inside Out, taking an objective but compassionate look at yourself and your situation goes a long way toward reducing stress and increasing success. From the vantage of the neutral loving observer, you can choose your responses more easily. You can even choose to reserve the right to be upset!

Have a loving, peaceful and successful weekend!
Dr. Ilenya

1 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Megan (Meg) said…

    Thankyou!
    In the midst of feeling unwell, stressed, worried - at a crossroads in life, I continued reading your blog (after just having made a posting on one of your more recent pages).
    Feeling ill; lying here, reading your words with great focus - feeling as if this is just what I needed.
    And - you made me laugh, for the first time in awhile - a little relief.... ""I reserve the right to get upset!"
    :-)
    That certainly put things into perspective and placed some light-humour on the spirals of life!
    Thankyou :-)

    Megan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home