Loving Your Success Blog

Lov-ing, the active, dynamic form of love, is your most powerful tool for true success. Apply self loving with tools from psychology and practical spirituality to gain Personal Peace, Joy and Fulfillment. Then you can more easily achieve goals, from reducing stress to creating a healthier lifestyle, a happier work and family life, and student and career success. "Helping you love yourself into success!" Visit me at http://www.powerofpersonalpeace.com.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Dreams, Drinking Questions

Why Don't I Dream?
As far as I know, everyone dreams.  Some people simply don't remember their dreams.  This is neither good nor bad.

If you want to remember your dreams, a bit of practice will go a long way.  You might start by setting an intention or goal to remember your dreams.  Each night at bedtime, tell yourself, "I am remembering and writing down my dreams."  It might take a few days, but you will start to remember at least bits and pieces.

Keep a notebook and pen handy on your nightstand or under your pillow.  Some people keep a small flashlight there too.  I have learned to write in the dark, using the thumb of my left hand holding the notebook as a marker as I work my way down the page, scribbling with my right hand.  I need to look at my scribbles fairly soon or sometimes I can't decipher them!

Writing down whatever you do recall is a way of "honoring the dream," and letting your unconscious know that you now value your dreams.  Your unconscious mind will usually cooperate by producing more dreams close to wake-up time so you can remember more.  The more you practice and write down and analyze your dreams, the easier this gets.

Also, based on a lifetime of working with my own dreams, I know we go through periods of rather rich dreaming, and occasional "dry spells" with few memorable dreams.  All of that is just fine.

I hope you begin to explore and call forward your dreams using some of these strategies.  It has been a rich and rewarding process for me.  It's like solving the mysteries of your own self night by night.

Why Does Drinking Alcohol Take My Mind of Things?
Alcohol is a depressant, meaning it dulls or shuts down some of the executive functions of the brain.  For instance, it can shut down the parts that feel extremely responsible and worried.   At first, shutting down those areas of the brain allows you to feel relaxed, free and happy.  With more alcohol consumption, more areas of the brain are depressed or shut down, and you have a hard time speaking clearly, walking straight, etc.  Extreme alcohol consumption can depress or shut down vital functions and cause death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home