Loving Your Success Blog

Lov-ing, the active, dynamic form of love, is your most powerful tool for true success. Apply self loving with tools from psychology and practical spirituality to gain Personal Peace, Joy and Fulfillment. Then you can more easily achieve goals, from reducing stress to creating a healthier lifestyle, a happier work and family life, and student and career success. "Helping you love yourself into success!" Visit me at http://www.powerofpersonalpeace.com.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Loving Your Neck Into Less Stress Spells Success

I don't know how many of you, like me, carry tension in your neck and shoulders. But chiropractors love me, because I just keep showing up every week for another adjustment!
All my personal healing and clearing work also helps, but that chronic tension has continued for years -- at least up to now!

About a month ago, tucked away in a closet, I found a gift from a dear friend. Along with some really excellent chiropractic treatment and my own spiritual/energetic clearing work, it seems to be helping my neck quite a bit.

I wanted to share my discovery because it's a way of loving yourself into less stress and more success!

It's a simple homemade flannel pillow filled with rice, about three and a half pounds of rice to be exact, to be heated in the microwave. I heat it for four and a half minutes, wrap it in a light towel for extra protection for my skin, and place it under my neck when I crawl into bed. I can scrunch the rice around so it is very comfortable as a support under my neck. The heat is soooo relaxing. The rice remains very warm for over an hour, which is just about right for helping my neck to relax as I fall asleep. Somewhere about an hour into sleep time, I wake up (I always did even without the rice pillow) and drop the rice pillow to the floor.

My neck has been more relaxed each morning, and my chiropractor says I'm doing much better. I note that her adjustments are "holding" better and longer.

My rice pillow is about 8 inches by 22 inches, made of simple white patterned flannel, of the kind you might get to make a baby blanket. You could easily make a pillow for yourself if this sounds useful. Just sew up something of about this size using soft but sturdy fabric, fill it with 3.5 pounds of inexpensive rice, and sew the end closed. The rice should have plenty of room to flow around inside the casing.

Or get a friend who's handy with a sewing machine to whip one up for you.

I like it because it's natural -- no wires to a heating pad, for instance. It smells good when I heat the rice. It feels very comforting and definitely helps my neck and shoulders to relax. Even now that the weather is warmer, I'm using it nightly.

Some doctors I've known have recommended ice, especially for muscle spasms or trauma such as a sprain or strain. But with my chronic tension, this gentle warmth is working as well as anything in many, many years. I thought I'd let you know in case you want to experiment.

If you are under a doctor's care for any serious neck problems, be sure to check with him or her first! My doc approves of this for me.

Let me know if you have any especially effective tension tamers that help you let go of stress.
You can post a comment on this blog, or email me at ilenya@powerofpersonalpeace.com.

Sending you Joy and Peace,
Dr. Ilenya

Ilenya Marrin, DSS
Author of ebooks The Power of Personal Peace:
Reducing Stress by Loving Yourself from the Inside Out
and
A Way of Loving Intention
http://www.powerofpersonalpeace.com
ilenya@powerofpersonalpeace.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home